Wednesday, April 4, 2007

A busy few days

Things have been busy here the last few days. My in-laws were visiting and we were busy doing things with them and I've been getting most of my seedlings into pots and outside. I've spent many hours mixing soil for the pots with all the appropriate additives and getting seedling planting. In the last few days I've planted tomatoes, beans, peas, onions, lettuce, cilantro, basil and potatoes. I still have a few more things to plant, but most of it is done. Unfortunately, it is supposed to be below freezing for 3 nights this weekend. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with everything I've planted. I've got about 15 pots out on the deck with stuff growing in them. Oh, and I planted a bunch of marigolds and tulips in the front flower bed.

Today I cut out the fabric for 2 pairs of shorts for Logan and a T shirt for me. I'll start sewing them tomorrow. I need to get fabric for another few pairs of shorts for Logan. And I have the fabric for another shirt for him. I'm thinking about making it into a tank top instead. The pattern I have for T shirts for him is weird and I would want a new pattern, so I may just get a tank top pattern instead. They would be much easier to make.

I also made pitas for the first time today. They turned out pretty good, but not perfect. I burned the first few because I rolled them out too thin, the later ones were better but didn't poof as much as I would have liked. The did taste good though and they were whole wheat. It is the first time I've ever made a bread I had to knead.

So that is my current update. I have a bunch of pictures of flowers I want to post, hopefully I'll get to it tomorrow.

No comments: