Thursday, March 15, 2007

Checking in

It's been awhile since I posted, sorry. The weather has been beautiful the last week or so and I've been outside non-stop. Usually I get really depressed during the winter but I thought I had done a good job of not getting depressed this year. However, when it got warm a week ago, I felt like I was waking up from a stupor. I have energy again. I started my onions and lettuce this weekend and have been spending untold hours at the park with Logan. It is getting cold again and I REALLY don't want it to. I'm beyond ready for spring!

I've also been doing a lot of sewing. Since my last post I've made 2 tote bags, a pair of shorts and most of a T shirt. I'm having collar issues with the T shirt and am having to get creative with the solution. I'll post pictures of everything once I finish the shirt. I have lots of scrap fabric from all this sewing that I'm going to use to make a nature quilt for Logan. I started the quilt 4 or 5 months ago and it was going to be a leaf quilt. However, all the sewing I've done has been with nature themed fabrics, so I think I will expand it to a nature quilt. It will go quicker this way and have more variety in it. I've been wanting to try a chicken square I saw but I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it when it was done. Now it can go in the nature quilt. I think it may be a summer quilt so I don't have to mess with batting.

No comments: