Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Signs of Spring

Living in Delaware is interesting because the seasons almost exactly fall when they are "supposed" to. Today I started seeing the first real signs of spring, 3 robins were in the yard, the first of the year! And my crocuses started blooming TODAY. They weren't blooming yesterday. It is funny since today is the first official day of spring. Every season happens this way in Delaware.


I finished Logan's shirt. The collar on the pattern was weird and ended up being really big and baggy which I didn't like. Some experimentation and I was able to fix it. So, I'm posting pictures of my last 4 projects. I have 2 tote bags in the works for presents that I hope will be done tonight and then I think I'm taking a break from sewing for a week or so. I need to get those seeds going!



Logan's shorts

Logan's tote bag for his karate uniform

My tote bag for carrying whatever, mostly library books

Logan's shirt with the collar problem. All fixed now!

I'm still amazed I've actually learned to sew and can make things that look decent. We are going to a fancy brunch Sunday with family and Logan needs to wear nice pants. I found fabric for making khaki pants and was actually thinking of making him a pair for this weekend, but we found a pair in his drawers that still fits. I can't believe I was thinking of making him a pair of nice pants!

2 comments:

Crunchy Chicken said...

Hey, I love that chicken tote bag. Maybe I need to learn how to sew...

Christy said...

Tote bags are soo easy! I fell in love with that fabric and had to make it into something.