Sunday, August 26, 2007

OLS- Week 9

I feel like I cheated this week since I already made this dinner for One Local Summer back in week 5, but my mom was visiting and she had never made pasta before. So, I decided to make pasta and asked her what she wanted on it. She wasn't sure she knew what pesto tasted like and I have a lot of basil in the garden, so presto, pesto. I did make different size noodles this time. But the breakdown remains the same. This time I added a couple of hot peppers from my garden.


We also had a somewhat local meal which I thought I'd write about since it sums up a typical meal around here. I didn't get a picture however. The meal was Thai basil chicken.

Breakdown:

Local:

Chicken - Rumbleway Farm - 25 miles
Thai Basil - My garden
Thai hot peppers - my garden
Garlic - West Chester PA - 20 miles
Onion - PA, but not sure where in PA, I got it at Newark Natural Foods
Brocolli - same as onion, I should have gotten these at the farm market but it is only once a week and I missed it last week so I had to buy these at the store. The sign did say local from PA.

Not local:
Fish sauce
Soy sauce
Rice

And so it goes most days here. All of our animal products and veggies are local. Spices, rice and pasta usually not local.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Those noodles look delicious! I love to make noodles, but prefer to do it in cooler weather.