Sunday, June 15, 2008

A book club right up my alley

Sharon is hosting a gloom and doom book club. I've read quite a few post disaster/survival books lately. I think it will be fun to read a few more and discuss them with other people.

Surprisingly, I don't find these books depressing. I figure it is a look at the worst case scenario so that I'm prepared for whatever may come. Seems to me things can't be as bad as they are in most of these books.

If anyone is interested in depressing reading (LOL) join us in our wallowing.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I agree. Things are rarely as bad as these types of books predict. Look at Orwell's 1984. We do live in a state very much like what he describes, but not quite AS bad :).

That said, I won't be joining the book club, because I just started a correspondence course with a pretty ambitious reading requirements list ;).

But I will enjoy reading everyone's reviews ;) - and if I get bored with my "required" reading, I'll be reading a doom-and-gloom novel - Matheson's I Am Legend (yes, the same as the recent Will Smith movie, but the book was written in the 1950s ;).

Happy reading!