Man, I can't believe we are on week 6 already. I really thought we'd be moved by now and I'd actually be making progress on this challenge. Oh well....
1. Plant something - not this week
2. Harvest something - strawberries and snow peas still
3. Preserve something - nope
4. Prep something - I ordered some row covers on sale for when we are able to have a big garden
5. Cook something new - not this week
6. Manage your reserves - I inventoried the freezer this week so that I know exactly what we have and what we need to use. We made good progress this week at using stuff from the freezer.
7. Work on local food system - my favorite farm market opened last week and we went and got some stuff there
8. Compost something - ongoing every week
9. Learn something - I've learned a lot in the last week about roofs and septic systems and wells and water quality
10. Store something - I ordered some pasta microwave meals for Mark to eat for lunch so he doesn't have to go out, they will also make good emergency meals. I didn't really store anything else this week.
It wasn't a very good week, but I was distracted by a bad inspection report on the house we wanted to buy. Nothing is totally decided yet but we are leaning toward walking away and finding something else. We got back a bad well report today, the water is contaminated and most likely the well would need to be moved. It was the final straw, this house wasn't meant to be.