1. Harvest - I harvested tomatoes and basil. That is all.
2. Plant - yes! I actually planted some stuff this week! I transplanted 3 tomato plants to bigger pots and 1 brocolli. I also started some brocolli and cauliflower for fall harvest.
3. Preserve - no
4. Prep - I got the supplies to make a new, hopefully more effective solar cooker. I also got a fine mesh strainer to sift wheat after I grind it to hopefully get a finer flour to use for baking. And I got a good bread pan so that my bread making can improve.
5. Cook - it isn't really something new but I did make bread after my bread lesson. It turned out excellent! My bread lessons were very successful.
6. Manage your reserves - the freezer is now almost empty, we are doing well at working our way through everything.
7. Work on local food system - John's Farm Stand opened this week! John is an older man who lives 3 miles from me. He has a large garden in his backyard and sells produce every summer. He hadn't opened as of last Wednesday and I was getting worried. He finally opened and I visited him Saturday. I got corn, green beans and good conversation.
8. Compost - I added more shredded newspaper to the worm bin Saturday.
9. Learn - nothing new this week
10. Store something - nothing new this week