I'm sorry about earlier, I think the stress of it all just got to us and this was our breaking point. I feel better after a good cry and talking to a good friend. We've come up with a plan that we can live with. When there is a showing I'm going to take the indoor cat and the litter box with me. The outdoor cat will be outside. I think the cat has been pooping in the litter box after I clean it (she does this often, nothing like a fresh litter box) so that when people come for the showing it does stink. I believe by removing all evidence we have cats that will help a lot. I'm just not willing to board them or give them away to sell a house. Maybe my priorities are off, but they are my pets and I love them.
We are also going to go spend a week or so with my dad (assuming it is ok with him) and bring the cats with us. It will not only get the cats out of the house but will give us a break from the stress. Mark is going to be out of town for business in a week so that is when Logan, the cats and I are going to go.
I also have decided that those people weren't really interested in buying this house. I find it hard to believe that if you liked everything about the house a litter box would keep you from buying it. Or at least asking to see it again with the smell gone.
We will be in GA next week for 2 days looking at houses down there and I'm going to look into boarding the cats while we are doing that so we don't have to worry about showings and whether the litter box stinks.
So, if you haven't read the other post yet, just ignore it. I was over-reacting from the stress of everything. I do think our realtor was insensitive to just flat out say get rid of the cats without trying to find a solution first. But his only concern is selling the house.