Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Birds

We love birds here. We put up this feeder assembly shortly after Christmas. We haven't seen any bird at it even though the food has gone down some. Yesterday we finally saw birds! A group of gold finches flew in and ate the thistle.


I got a better bluebird picture and changed the logo to go with this name.


In other news, Kudzu is being difficult. She keeps changing where she is laying. For 2 day I didn't find any eggs from her, I'm not sure if she just didn't lay or if I haven't found where yet. There was an egg today in a new place, I'm assuming it is Kudzu's unless Buttercup changed where she is laying because there was no egg in her normal place. I guess I will find out tomorrow, they should both lay tomorrow.

10 comments:

ChristyACB said...

I like that picture better. I'm not sure, but maybe a different style for the letters would go with the peaceful field mood of the picture?

Unknown said...

ok, I think I missed the post...is Bluebird the new farm name? I like it if it is:) I have 2 bluebird houses on the farm and enjoy seeing them come back every year!

Zachary and Jennifer said...

Finches are fun to watch, I enjoy their songs.

Jennifer

Claire MW said...

I agree with Christy - I'd prefer a different font. I love the photograph though! I can't wait for our bluebirds to start building their nests again.

Christy said...

I'll play with some different fonts.

Kristi - No, we haven't named the farm yet, I'm just playing with this name. But I do like it.

Gail said...

Deer Crossing, Almosta Ranch!

I love birds too. Saw Robins yesterday and got excited. Did some research and discovered they are not a harbinger of spring!

Crazy Chicken Lady said...

Your Kudzu must be like my Scroungey. She is VERY PICKY about where she lays. She'll lay one place for a month then she will move again. Chickens are such characters!

I like the photo you picked as well for your farm.

Jennifer said...

I really like the name and the logo too!

linda m said...

I love the new bluebird picture. Have you put up the "house" for them yet? Can't wait to hear about all the other birds that live in your area. Keep the cool pictures coming.

Christy said...

Mom - We put the houses up shortly after Christmas. Hopefully they'll find them!