Monday, March 9, 2009

Fun with goats

Orion took all his bottles today. I think he was backed up yesterday, I noticed poop impacted in his rectum. I scooped it out (sorry, TMI I know) and he pooped normal today and ate like crazy. At what point do you stop worrying all the time?

Logan has had fun playing with the goats.
Aurora likes to nibble Logan's ear. She does it whenever his ear is low enough.
Visiting the chickens was fun. No one knew what to think of the other.



Jumping on the dogloos is a lot of fun! Orion loves to jump.

We take trips to the creek and play on the logs. Logan and Aurora play king of the mountain. Orion wishes he was big enough to play too.




More cute pictures tomorrow. I have some great ones of Orion! Aurora is now giving me 12 ounces (by weight) at each milking. It should be about 16 ounces per milking. Hopefully we will get there as we both get used to each other.


9 comments:

Amy said...

Awww, what cutie pies! I'm so jealous--I really want a goat again. Love the pictures.

linda m said...

I am so glad that Orion is better and feeding again. What cute pictures of Logan with the goats. Looks like all 3 are having fun.

Melody said...

I'm glad that everything worked out well.

I stopped worrying about my (goat) kids survival when they were old enough to wean from the bottle and all was well with eating their solid food. The first few months are the hardest for all animals.

They are adorable!

Jennifer said...

Glad to hear Orion is feeling better and is taking his bottles again. Wow, he is just too cute for words! Loved the pictures!

Deb said...

You all are doing just fine!! The photos are great and Logan is a natural with the animals.
You will be a pro-goat milker in no time :)

Gail said...

Wonderful...I'm glad every thing came out alright.

Great pictures and I can tell Logan is having a ball.

FarmHouse Style said...

I am so glad that Orion is eating like he should now. He is such and cutie! I love your pictures of Logan and the new goats:-)

Hopefully your level of worry will decrease as you get to know the new memebers of your "family" better.

Enjoy this last day of glorious weather, sounds like winter is returning tomorrow.

Rhonda

Kelly said...

Your grass is so lush and green already! Wonderful pictures, the weather has been fantastic! Glad Orion is going to be fine. I had a situation with Eddie soon as we got him home from the feed store. He couldnt pee, and I was clueless..fortunately the guy that sold the emu chicks to me also knew a lot about goats and got me the help I needed right away. Who knew that something as simple as Fruit Fresh dosed in a little apple juice would clear the blockage. Those two young billies had been cooped up in a cage for days and not able to move about much, so Eddie got a build up of calcium in the urethra. I love your goaties, they are so cute!

Unknown said...

My kids loved climbing trees (both kinds of kids!), does Orion show any signs of wanting to do so?