Saturday, March 28, 2009

It's hard to be a frontier woman....

My son is so brilliant! We went out for pizza tonight and Mark got a pitcher of beer, so I had a few, which is rare for me. I was feeling a little buzz and we were getting ready to stop at Dairy Queen for some ice cream and I was complaining about still needing to milk the goat when we got home. Mark always refers to my farm stuff as my frontier woman stuff. He was saying well the frontier women did it, and I was saying I thought it was easier for them because that was their life. They weren't trying to balance frontier life with "normal" life. I was trying to explain to him why I thought it was harder and Logan came up with the perfect way to put it.

"It's hard to be a frontier woman when Dairy Queen is 5 miles down the road"

18 comments:

Gail said...

That Logan is a smart young man!

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

Now THAT is funny! I needed a good laugh! You shoulda bought Logan 2 ice cream cones!!!

Deanne said...

Oh what a wise and witty young man! :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

LOL! Logan cracks me up! :)

~Lisa

FarmHouse Style said...

Wisdom beyond his years!! LOL:-) He is soooo right.

Rhonda

Melody said...

Yup!

Zachary and Jennifer said...

Haha! He is right. :-)

Jennifer

linda m said...

You're right, Logan is brilliant. Couldn't have said it better myself!

Wendy said...

I love how kids are so astute and can really say it like it is, without getting bogged down in the details.

Yes, Logan, it is hard being a "frontier woman" or even just a regular, old, suburban homesteader when Dairy Queen is 5 miles down the road ... and Papa Johns pizza delivers ;).

Crazy Chicken Lady said...

So hilarious and so true! Out of the mouth of babes!

Julia said...

That is a fabulous quote! It really cant be summed up any more succinctly than that! He's a smartie.

Jennifer said...

What a wise and funny statement! He is so right though!

ChristyACB said...

OMG that is sooo funny! And so very very true! I think you should make that a tag line!

Anonymous said...

HAHAH That's hilarious!! Good for him! And you are one lucky frontier woman with ice cream so close!! :)

Gayle said...

Your son is most definitely brilliant! That's exactly how I feel...I'm pretty sure if I didn't have computers and digital cameras and endless sports, farm life would be a lot easier!

Kelly said...

Now that is the truth if I ever heard it! He knows how to tell it like it is...lol. I love it. :)

Carla said...

Logan is a wise boy. You ought to keep him. :)

You know you're officially a redneck when you followup a few beers with a trip to DQ, don't you?

Amy said...

That's funny!!!