Saturday, November 1, 2008

Living in limbo

Things have not been going well. We were supposed to close Monday on the house in DE and still haven't closed! The buyer had some last minute loan problems. 2 days AFTER we were supposed to close, his bank (Bank of America) denied his loan. This was after giving final loan approval and even sending the HUD papers to the lawyers. We found this out Wednesday night. Needless to say, there was much hysteria Wednesday night. I was crying for hours, we weren't sure if we were going to have to put the house in DE back on the market, or if we were going to have to move back into the DE house. We can't buy the house in GA until we close on the one in DE.

The buyer is currently working on getting a loan with the mortgage company that is associated with the realtor's office. As of last night, everything looks good for closing on Wednesday. All the papers go to the final underwriter Monday, so we should know for sure if he gets the loan Monday evening. If we can close on the house in DE on Wednesday, we should be able to close in GA on Friday. And move in the following Monday.

This has been an extremely stressful week! Everyday they told us we were going to close that day and we sat around all day waiting to hear that it had happened, and every evening we got a call from the realtor telling us it hadn't happened again. All we have is 7 days worth of clothes, everything else is on the truck in GA! Logan and I are going to be staying with my dad until closing, Mark went back to stay in the empty house in DE. He figures at least that way he can go to work and it will help pass the time.

We need all the good thoughts and positive energy you have!!

16 comments:

Stacey said...

lots of hugs going out to you from Vermont.

helenw said...

Oh no! Crossing all crossable body parts for you!

Gail said...

This is going to happen. Sorry for your tears. I know it is high stress right now. This guy wants your place and you want the other...it will work.

linda m said...

All my love goes out to you. I wish I could just "kiss it and make everything better" but I can't. But I will keep praying and sending tons of positive energy. It WILL work out.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Egads, Christy! That is just awful! I feel so terrible for you, but I also know it was work out in the end. So don't worry.

Everytime we've had to close on a home there have been last-minute snafus with our buyers. But somehow, through creative financing, they end up getting their loan.
It's a little bit tougher now, though, with so many of those 'looser' financing deals not being offered anymore, but those realtors and banks seem to know how to find them to get everything back on track.

I am most definetely sending super powerful positive vibes your way.
Hang in there. The happy end of all this craziness is just in sight!
:)

~Lisa

Anonymous said...

I send you and your family lots of positive energy. Don't cry and don't give up. You are a strong women !

All the best
send you
Cheyenne

Deanne said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! It will all work out!

Christy said...

Thank you for the good thoughts. It has been a hard time.

Mom - I wish you could kiss it and make it better too.

Being strong for Logan's sake has been a challenge.

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking of you and your family Christy. I know it is stressful, but I just know it will work out.
When we were selling our first house in Walton co. the same thing happened. The day of the closing the buyer's loan didn't happen. But then..just a few days later it all worked out and it closed without a hitch.
Good luck and good thoughts coming your way from Georgia.
Pam

Melody said...

Good luck with everything. Take care of yourself.

Carla said...

Oh my! I was sure you'd be unpacking in GA by now.
I'm so sorry things have gone wonky on you!

Here's sending you good vibes, peace when you're panicking, and prayers all around.

Danni said...

Sorry for your struggles, Christy, but I have confidence that all is going to work out in your favor. This is just a part of the journey, as difficult as that may be to believe right now. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Oh no Christy!!!! Sending love and hugs your way my friend. I cannot wait for you to be done with this and settled. You soooo deserve some stability after this crazy year you've had! Hang in there my friend! xoxo

Akkire said...

hang in there Christy! i know this will happen for you.

Maile said...

hey girl! I am so sorry! You need to freaking call me..House stuff is such a pain in the ass at times, but it will be over one day, i promise!

Love you.