Things have not been going well. We were supposed to close Monday on the house in DE and still haven't closed! The buyer had some last minute loan problems. 2 days AFTER we were supposed to close, his bank (Bank of America) denied his loan. This was after giving final loan approval and even sending the HUD papers to the lawyers. We found this out Wednesday night. Needless to say, there was much hysteria Wednesday night. I was crying for hours, we weren't sure if we were going to have to put the house in DE back on the market, or if we were going to have to move back into the DE house. We can't buy the house in GA until we close on the one in DE.
The buyer is currently working on getting a loan with the mortgage company that is associated with the realtor's office. As of last night, everything looks good for closing on Wednesday. All the papers go to the final underwriter Monday, so we should know for sure if he gets the loan Monday evening. If we can close on the house in DE on Wednesday, we should be able to close in GA on Friday. And move in the following Monday.
This has been an extremely stressful week! Everyday they told us we were going to close that day and we sat around all day waiting to hear that it had happened, and every evening we got a call from the realtor telling us it hadn't happened again. All we have is 7 days worth of clothes, everything else is on the truck in GA! Logan and I are going to be staying with my dad until closing, Mark went back to stay in the empty house in DE. He figures at least that way he can go to work and it will help pass the time.
We need all the good thoughts and positive energy you have!!