Monday, November 24, 2008

6 things

I've been tagged by Deb, Lisa and Amy for this meme, so I thought I should do it.

6 things about me that I haven't already told you in another on of these memes...

1. I wanted to be a vet when I was younger, but I didn't think I'd be able to handle doing surgeries. So I went to grad school to study viruses and ended up doing surgeries on animals all the time. Oh well.

2. I'm pretty much always cold, but I have a genetic defect where I don't sweat, so if I get too hot I pass out. It is very hard for me to find a temperature where I'm comfortable.

3. My car is a hybrid, it's the first non-stick shift I've ever owned. I learned to drive on a stick.

4. I'm a martial arts groupy. I've never done martial arts myself, but I love to watch them and be around that environment. My sister did martial arts as a kid and I always drove her to her classes so I could hang around. Logan now does martial arts and I still love hanging around, watching, and helping him practice. If they didn't make you wear a white uniform, I might do them myself, but I look really stupid in white.

5. Red is my favorite color. Most of my clothes are red. I've dyed my hair red a few times, but then I didn't have anything to wear because my red clothes didn't go well with red hair. I'm back to my natural hair color and wearing red a lot.

6. I was a really bad cook when I first got married. So bad that Mark did all the cooking. It wasn't until after Logan was born and I started staying home that I learned to cook. I started by just copying Mark. I'm not a pretty good cook and do all the cooking. I can even bake! Which to me was the ultimate hurdle.

I'm not going to tag anyone because I think everyone has been tagged. If you haven't been tagged for this and want to do it, consider yourself tagged!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

As usual, we have more in common, again! :)I too wanted to be a vet growing up, but I hated math and science in school and I was told I had to love them to be a vet. I too have some sort of sweating defect, the only place I sweat is my face, all my heat escapes from my head (hence the red cheeks all the time). Then there's the stick thing, and the being a bad cook early on!!! :) Hey....nice avatar!! ;) Now I have a question for you, how'd you get more than one pet on there? I can only get mine to display 1 at a time?!? :)

Christy said...

I just selected both, I thought it would replace one with the other but it displayed both. Do the chicken first, then don't un-select it and try adding another pet.

Maile said...

Indeed, you are a martial arts groupie. You failed to mention that you even dated some martial arts guys!

The rest, I think, I knew. Still fun to read.

Anonymous said...

allrighty...i have been reading your blog for quite a while now and thoroughly enjoy it! but have yet to comment on it...here goes...

is it ok if i scream in caps:

PUT UP SOME MORE PICS OF THE INSIDE OF THE HOUSE AND SURROUNDING LAND...I AM DYING HERE...

i am not sure if screaming in caps on a comment on someone's blog is bad blog comment etiquette...but i really am dying to see more of the house and land...

(p.s. - yer living my dream. but we plan to be off-grid homesteaders in the next 2 years. cross your fingers for us eh?)

love your blog. it gives me such inspiration. all the best to you, hun!

your friend,
kymber

Gail said...

I second Kyber's comment...but I'm not going to yell.
Would love to see more pictures of your new house and surroundings.

Christy said...

I was waiting until we had the house in order before I took and posted pictures of it. We are getting close and I could start posting pictures.

Anonymous said...

thanks Gail...for seconding...and i am glad that you didn't yell...i just couldn't help myself...

so Christy...you need to get on those photos...and don't worry about getting everything in order hun...its so much better when you can show before and after pics...

good on ya gurl!

Anonymous said...

Interesting list Christy,
I with the others. We are ready for more pictures now. lol...
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday.
Pam

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I had wanted to be a Vet while growing up, too. But then I worked as a Vet Tech for about a year...and changed my mind! lol :)

I'm going to be worried about you come summer, though. You know that GA is HOT and HUMID right? gah!
We lived in SC for 7 yrs and I thougt I would die every summer. A/C was my friend. lol!

Oh and I think you'd look adorable in white. You should go for it, Christy :)

~Lisa
New Mexico

Christy said...

Lisa - We lived in Houston for 9 years, this part of GA is nothing compared to that! We are actually pretty close to the mountains and it won't get nearly as hot here as it does in south GA. But I will be sure to stay hydrated and take lots of breaks. The guy who built the house set it up really well for staying cool in the summer.