Saturday, November 29, 2008

Awards

I've gotten some great awards lately and want to acknowledge those who gave them to me. I so appreciate all the support and love I've gotten from my blogging buddies over the last year.


Lisa gave me this beautiful award. This one means so much to me!

Melody gave me this new one.

Here is the text that came with this one.

"This blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers!"


Adventure Girl gave me this wonderful award. I think it is really cute.



Here is my connumdrum with awards. I LOVE getting them! I love the acknowledgement. I have a problem with not feeling good enough in life and the awards give me a little boost. However, I find it very hard to then give them out after I receive them. I hate choosing people to give them to, I hate picking favorites. If I read your blog it is because I love it. I've stopped reading many blogs over the years because they weren't a favorite. So I've already narrowed my list down to my favorites. I feel like when I do give awards out they always go to the same people. But I feel like a blanket this award is for all of you is lame. So what to do....

4 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Hey Christy,

Congrats on all the bloggy love, my friend. You deserve it.

I know I'm not alone here saying this, because many folks love to catch up with your beautifully changing life by reading your blog.

It's as if we can all see a little bit of ourselves in your life. We remember having those same 'farm dreams' and wanting them to happen 'right now'!
And, of course, we all want these successes for you and your family, too...because ultimately, through you, they are our successes, too.

I'm so happy for you every day I check into your blog, Christy.

And it's ok to either pass the blog awards to everyone who reads your blog, your favorite blogs, or to just say thank you, and keep them for yourself.

They were given with no expectations, just to let you know that you and your blog are very special and much enjoyed by many :)

Hugs
~Lisa
New Mexico

Unknown said...

Congrats on your rewards you deserve them! I love reading your stories about homesteading!!! And you have an awesome name too (plus you spell it the RIGHT way too)!
Christy

Gail said...

I just did a blanket award posting just a little while ago. Know that it is special for everyone.
Reading your blog is award enough. Your successes are ours.

Carla said...

I have the same problem when I'm given awards. I can never pick from my favorite blogs. I am down to about 8 that I read regularly and they all read one another. The awards are often already given when I get them.

Congratulations to you though!